Psxitarch Linux: A Distro for PS4
The PSXITA Team released their Linux Distribution for PS4 4.05 and 4.55.
Psxitarch is a linux distribution for PS4 based on Arch Linux, developed to be light, with low resource usage and easy to install. Support of all PS4 models except PS4 PRO.
– A USB device (better if 3.0) formatted in FAT32 of a size not less than 12GB
– USB hub (optional)
– The payload to start linux: Download for fw 4.55 – Download for fw 4.05
– The bzImage (kernel): Download md5: 85d3a15a22380591f5519122f436c7ba
– The initramfs: Download md5: a3e4d2e6a15fea750ed4e8cccacfa112
– The psxitarch.tar.xz file (the distro): Download md5: 26bae18ccc2e2173109a7fd954657c08
The USB device that you will use will be completely formatted, all the data will be deleted !!
1. Copy the initramfs, the bzImage and the psxitarch.tar.xz file to the root of the USB device
2. Connect the USB device to the PS4, if you have connected other USB devices disconnect them (you must have only one USB device connected)
3. Start the exploit
4. Start the payload
5. Wait a few seconds, the screen should go black and then the rescushell screen will appear
6. Connect the keyboard, write: exec install-psxitarch.sh (the keyboard layout is set to US, to write the dash you have to use the ‘ )
7. Wait until the distro is installed (you should see a long list of files that are copied to the USB), the installation time varies from USB to USB (if you are crazy enough to install the distro on USB 2.0 it should take about 25 minutes)
8. After the installation the distro should start by itself and show you the login screen, if it does not start write exec start-psxitarch.sh (from the next restart the distro should start by itself, you will not have to write anything)
9. On the login screen, enter username psxita and password changeit
Latest posts by e✘treme (see all)
- Custom Home Menu Tutorial for UI Mod 0.4 - 17. June 2018
- ESP8266 Firmware Base Version by KeeperDY - 13. June 2018
- PS4 Custom Theme – Resident Evil 2 Theme by e✘treme - 12. June 2018